We offer training in the field of perioperative theatre technology both for diploma and certificate programs. Theatre technicians are responsible for the following.
• Responsible for disinfection, preparation, cleanliness and maintenance of the operating room before and after surgery and assists in bringing patient to the operating room.
• Maintains cleanliness in the operating room and ensures adequacy of provisions before a surgery.
• Clean and disinfect surgical instruments and equipment after surgery.
• Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol
• Maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly.
• Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional.
• Prepares the patient before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery.
• Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure/surgery.
• Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
• Attends to the needs of the patient while inside the operating room.
• Assist surgeon during the procedure.
• Assist nursing staff in keeping patient safe during the procedure by assisting with the application of restraints and following the recommended protocol.
• Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures/protocol.
• Provides assistance to the surgical team and coordinates very closely with the doctors, nurses and laboratory staff.
• Clean and disinfect operating room area after each procedure/surgery.
o County Governments hospitals
o Government health parastatals
o Private hospitals
o Community health services
Course Duration: 2 Years
Semister Duration: 4 Academic Semisters