We offer training in the field of health record information technology both for diploma and certificate programs with future prospects of Bachelor of Science in health record and information technology
Health records officers classify, code and categorize patient information for data. They also maintain patient’s medical and treatment information.
Responsibilities of health Records officers
• Gather patient demographic and personal information.
• Distribute medical charts to the appropriate departments of the hospital.
• Maintain quality and accurate records by following hospital procedures.
• Ensure patient charts, paperwork and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Make sure all medical records are protected and kept confidential.
• File all patients' medical records and information.
• Supply the nursing department with the appropriate documents and forms.
• Complete clerical duties including answering phones, responding to emails, and processing patient admission and discharge record
• Receive and documenting patients at hospital reception/admission desk
• Registering and booking appointments for patients for clinics and consultants
• Editing of patients care records.
• Directing patients to relevant clinics
• Scheduling of patients to the consultants and specialty clinics
• Storing and retrieving medical records documents
• Updating bed returns, balancing daily bed returns
o County Governments hospitals
o Government health departments
o Healthcare insurance firms
o Community health services
o Research Institutions
o Academic institutions
o Non-governmental organisations
o Computer and information technology (IT) companies
o Financial institutions (Health programmes)
Course Duration: 3 Years
Semister Duration: 6 Academic Semesters