Position: Procurement Officer
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the Hospital’s sourcing,
tendering, and purchasing activities to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness and value for money
in line with the hospital’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and enforcing the hospitals procurement policies and procedures
- Manage the entire process of planning of commodities, procurement and supply chain
- Ensure effective lines of communication to facilitate timely delivery of commodities using
the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures the prices paid for commodities
are in line with local market prices.
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation of
quality performance measurement mechanisms.
- Assesses, prioritizes and manages multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Ensure transparent and competitive procurement is conducted and properly documented as
required and in compliance with the hospital policy and plans.
- Prepares service delivery contracts and service orders for all acquisition needs.
- Maintains procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor/ supplier
tracking system and maintains all the relevant information concerning the organization
- Manages supplier/vendor contracts and maintains relationships with suppliers to ensure
completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract ensuring that all supplier complaints
and concerns are addressed promptly for continuity of services at all times.
- Provide support and guidance to user departments in the development of specifications.
Ensure efficient and cost-effective sourcing and delivery of materials, services and/or
equipment to user departments.
- Lead supplier pre-qualification, selection and development processes, quotation, and tender
processes in a timely and transparent manner.
- Contribute to lead-time reduction and demand management initiatives to optimize inventory
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supply’s
- Prepare appropriate financial, inventory and other reports.
Qualification and competences
- Diploma and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management from a
- Being a member of a recognized professional procurement body (KISM, CIPS) or its
equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least one (1) year experience in a procurement environment preferably in a private
- Computer efficiency skills.
- Knowledge of contract law is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of e-procurement systems
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Compassionate care, Patient Centered, Teamwork, Service excellence, Results Oriented,
Reliability with demonstrated interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism and
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, and
expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org